There are a few ways to get to Malacca from KL, but the two hassle-free options is taking the bus or taxi.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to take both of those within Kuala Lumpur.
- Go to Bandar Tasik Selatan (also known as Terminal Bersepadu Selatan or TBS Station.)
2A. BEST OPTION: BOOK A GRAB TAXI
– Direct way to get to TBS Station
– Only cost 24RM from my hotel in Chinatown – Petaling street
– Saves you about an hour in travel time, compared to taking the train.
2B. SECOND BEST OPTION: TRAIN
– Go to KL Sentral station
– Take the KLIA Transit train (see warning below)
– Buy ticket to Bandar Tasik Selatan (also known as Terminal Bersepadu Selatan or TBS Station)
– This is only 1 stop away
***** WARNING *****
(DO NOT GO ON THE KLIA EXPRESS, this will take you directly to the airport and you will waste a lot of time and miss your stop)
- BUY BUS TICKET
– Bus tickets can range from 8.50RM – 14RM one way to Malacca.
– There are many different bus companies you can buy from.
– Buses are frequent with as often as one leaving every 30 mins
– They run early in the morning from 10:30 am – to as late as 8:00 pm
– 2.5 hour journey
– You will need to present your passport if buying from kiosk. If you buy from the machine, you will just need to enter in your passport number.
– Have cash to purchase tickets. There are ATMs right by the ticket kiosks if you need to withdraw.
Booking a taxi directly from KL to Malacca is simple and can cost up to 280RM one way (as of June 2022 during non-peak period on the GRAB app.)
If you like my work, you can buy me a coffee! Your support will help me keep going!
Please share this post if you think it’s awesome!